2. It's great for good mental health. Frequent dancing appeared to not only offer greater protection against dementia, but it also increased cognitive acuity across all ages. When dancing socially you make very quick decisions as to what your movement possibilities are. Making as many split-second decisions as possible is the key to maintaining our cognitive abilities.
3. It's a challenge. It gives to the chance to push yourself, achieve and be proud of your accomplishments.
Science says we need more physical contact. People with higher levels of oxytocin are happier and have better relationships. Oxytocin plays a big role in bonding and is released through activities like hugs, massages and dancing!
5. Makes meeting new people easier.
6. Gives you the chance to visit other places.
7. It's joyable. Dancing is a high comparable to a narcatics high without the side effects.
8. Great partner dancers may not know it but they are masters of space, time and Newton’s laws of motion. Dancers are physical scientists.
9. Frequent dancing appeared to not only offer greater protection against dementia but it also increased cognitive acuity across all ages. It makes you smarter.
10. Swing dancing has a very real, very physical connection to a history few of us experienced first hand.